While the world is the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, Perry County is united in response. Local health, public safety, elected officials, city employees and schools are working together to mitigate the impacts of the coronavirus. We must do our part to fight the spread of this virus by practicing good hygiene and housekeeping practices that protect our homes, workplaces and our most vulnerable populations.
READ Local Guidance and Recommendations for Missouri's State Order Effective May 4, 2020
READ Perry County's Amended 'STAY AT HOME ORDER'
FAQ Perry County 'Stay at Home' Order
Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
Updates from Missouri Governor Mike Parson
State of Missouri's Stay at Home Order
The Perry County Commission's Public Health Emergency Order to STAY HOME is a measure to slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community. Residents are asked to do the following:
- Limit your public exposure. Go to work, conduct essential business, and go home.
- Limit gatherings to groups of 10 or fewer.
- Implement personal protective measures, such as staying home when ill and washing hands frequently.
- Avoid non-essential travel.
- Actively engage in social distancing by staying at least 6 feet from others.
Coronavirus is a respiratory virus, which is similar to other viruses. The Perry County Health Department and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) have provided the following guidance regarding measures to prevent exposures to acute respiratory illnesses:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Follow normal respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene. Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60%-95% alcohol.
- Follow normal environmental health actions. Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces and objects such as: door knobs, countertop surfaces, workplace equipment, etc.